Preparing for your Annual ARCP
The Annual ARCPs in 2016 will take place on the following days:
12th June 2016 - PYAs and ARCPs
30th June 2016 - ARCPs (Assessments only, trainees not required to attend)
1st July 2016 - ARCP face to face feedback with Dr Panter and Nicola Robinson regarding your outcomes
All trainees are required to annually submit to the ARCP panel an enhanced form R (sent to you by SPC) and a minimum of:
(The template on e-portfolio should only be used to complete an educational supervisor's report for your
- Record of attendance at 70% of GI & 70% GIM training sessions (or pro rata if LTFT) - the regional traiing is designed to coveer the curriculum over a rolling time period. Therefore if you miss a session then please attend compensatory teaching that covers the same curriculum domain. All teaching attended should be documented on the Teaching attendance log (link to come).
- Valid ALS certificate
- Formative Endoscopy DOPS - 10 per year in each separate procedure, unless certified by JAG, in which case 4 DOPS per year in each separate procedure.
- ACAT 6 per year as per decision aid
- CBD & Mini CEX (total of 6 per year) as per decision aid
- MSF (mandatory for years 1 & 3 of training)
- MCR at least 4 consultants (yearly)
- Patient survey (mandatory for years 2 & 4 of training)
- SCE certificate (for those who it applies to) - evidence to be produced by PYA
- Use the attached checklist to assist both yourself and the panel in checking that the relevant evidence has been submitted. This document should be completed and uploaded into your personal library.
- You may find the attached proformas useful in understanding the requirements of the 2007 and 2010 curriculum.
- Additional information can be obtained from JRCPTB website.
For those trainees appointed prior to 2007
- For those trainees following a pre-2007 curriculum, the number of wpbas etc that need to be completed can be found on the JRCPTB website.
- SpRs appointed before August 2007 undergo annual RITAs and are assessed against the SpR curriculum to which they were enrolled. The only exception is for those trainees who have officially transferred to a newer curriculum.
- Although there are no official requirements for DOPS forms in the old SpR curricula, they are required for JAG accreditation in endoscopy. In addition, educational supervisors are now used to dealing with WPBAs and doctors are increasingly expected to provide evidence of competence and training. For these reasons, although it you will not fail a RITA for failing to submit the WPBAs requested above, it is pragmatic to do so.
Retun to Gastroenterology Homepage.